Saturday, February 29, 2020

50 Precious Words

I've decided that I'm going to try to enter the "50 Precious Words" writing contest... but so far, my entry ideas aren't turning out so well.  I have a very hard time limiting my word count!  After a few hours of work, only one has come out cohesive and within the fifty word limit...

Teacher says
I need to write a story
That’s fifty words long.
Fifty words!
How can I fill up a page
With FIFTY WORDS?
Can’t do it.
Not today, not tomorrow.
My ideas just aren’t that big.
I simply cannot strrrrreeeeeeeetch
My story that far.
Ain’t gonna happen.
Ever.

Phooey.

I don't think it's bad, for a start. I just want something a bit more... "wow." Something that leaves the readers with a smile or a chuckle.  But for now, at least I have a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment