Sunday, March 11, 2012

This One's For You, Mom

I love Mutts by Patrick McDonnell.  It's one of the few strips out there that make me feel like I did when my grandmother used to hand me collections of Peanuts cartoons (paperbacks from the 50's and 60's, when Snoopy still walked on all four legs, which I still think are the best of the strip's history).

This is a strip I came across ages ago - but tonight, as I was looking for comics to turn into a worksheet for my students (we're learning to use quotation marks in dialogue), I found it again.  And again, I thought how very like my mother the cat Mooch is in his simple, direct advice.  Mom's given the same advice to me more times than I can count.  Like Sourpuss, I have a habit of getting overwhelmed by the immensity and bleakness of life - and sometimes, I need a reminder that there IS such a thing as thinking too much.

Love you, Mom.  Thanks for the most excellent advice.


1 comment:

  1. If you're having trust issues in your relationship, or wanna confirm if your partner is really faithful, Kindly reach out to {hackingloop6@gmail .com}, he's a true cyber genius, he helped me gain remote access to my Ex's phone activities. He also improves credit score, he's also available on WhatsApp + 1 4 8 4 5 4 0 - 0 7 8 5, I promised him to share this online for people in similar situations.

    ReplyDelete