WHAT I'M WRITING:
- Finalizing a contest piece for Highlights Foundation's annual contest. I so need to win tuition to their summer conference this year - send positive thoughts!
- Getting back to Nin-Gerbils, which I'm liking more with each revision. Thanks to Torpedo from the IDW boards for his invaluable critique; the piece is better for it.
- Playing around with bits and fragments of Faith and Silence, a G.I. Joe fanfic and sequel to Promises to Keep. It's a hard piece to write for many reasons, but I promised my fellow JoeMom Toni that I'd do it. It's crawling along, Toni, but it will get done eventually.
- Drafting a semi-wordless comic book script for Psalm 23.
WHAT I'M READING:
- Spindle's End by Robin McKinley - one of my comfort books. It's a fantasy retelling of Sleeping Beauty, and one of my go-to books when my mind won't settle. I adore that I was able to find a hardcover copy at a library sale - wheee! eBooks may be the future, but I still love having a hardcover in my hands in bed.
- Epic: The Story God is Telling by John Eldredge. I grabbed this at Goodwill - one of my personal treasure chests for like-new dirt-cheap books - more because of the storytelling aspect than because of the Christianity. Anyone who starts out a book with a quote from Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings is worth reading, in my book.
- On the nightstand - Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin, Sherlock Holmes and the Baker Street Irregulars by Tracy Mack, Reaching the Animal Mind by Karen Pryor, Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu, Cat People by Margaret and Michael Korda, and a few more that I'm too lazy to go and check right now.
- Waiting for the #9's of the G.I. Joe: Cobra Command to come out... I grab them all at once... as well as for Green Lantern: New Guardians and Tiny Titans.
- Promise of the Wolves by Dorothy Hearst
- The Elemental Masters series by Mercedes Lackey
- Podcasts: GeekMoms, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, A Way With Words, Hearing Voices, Cheetah Chat
- Angry Birds Seasons, and having far too much fun with the Chinese New Year's mighty dragon!